Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sinners in the Hands of Angry God

The puritans believed if you were a sinner then God is standing over you with a bow and arrow waiting for you to slip up so he can shoot you in the heart. Now i don't know what bible they were reading and studying but that is all a bunch of nonsense. The puritans were quite wacky when it came to religion. But when it came to structure and how they ran things, they were really successful. I mean sure 'work and play' was their motto but it worked. They had a very accomplished colony. Even though people broke away from the puritan colony because of its strict rules and rediculous teachings it still was on top of the game man lol.

1 comment:

  1. Yeh I definitely agree with you. I have no idea what type of stuff they were looking at either. I don't think God is just waiting to punish us or that he really hates us. I think he loves us.

    ReplyDelete